AREAS OF OCS EXPERTISE
SPECIFIC AREAS OF OCS EXPERTISE
OCS services can be categorised into 3 key areas.
- Marine Project and Construction Management
- Detailed and Construction Support equipment
- Strategic Equipment
These services are complementary to each other and can be offered either independently or as a combined package. OCS Construction management s underpins the other services ensuring that engineering performed and equipment provided for projects is fit for purpose and provided with due attention to constructability.
GENERIC MARINE PROJECT DESCRIPTION TYPES.
- Self contained field developments with platform, pipeline and/or tanker mooring installation components.
- Wind farm and Renewable installations.
- Jacket and Deck Installations
- Launch barge rig up and offshore launch management
- Installation of Tanker Moorings
- Refused pile remediation
- Floatover topsides installations
- Pipeline Precommisioning operations (Flooding, Pigging, Testing, Drying, N2 Packing)
- Flexible Riser, Cable and umbilical installations (SURF projects).
- Shore approaches using horizontal directional drilling (HDD), conventional open cut and pipe pull techniques complemented by towed pipe solutions when required (See OCS In-house Utility Barge UB-01 “Miss Pennie”. )
- Pipeline Pre-trenching and Post-lay Burial
- Operability assessments and recommendations on new marine construction equipment designs
- Build To Operation services for newbuild marine construction barges (Operating Procedures for Class Certification)
- Construction barge Upgrades for specific project and/or owner requirement.
- Pipeline Free span rectification
- Pile Handling Tooling ( ILT’s , Pile upending etc).
- Barge and vessel rig up for specialist applications such as shallow water installations, launch barges, bespoke applications.
- Weather Management Planning for Offshore Operations
MARINE PROJECT AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
OCS specific marine construction management pre-qualificationis covered in the following documents.
DETAILED AND CONSTRUCTION SUPPORT ENGINEERING.
OCS specific detailed and construction support engineering skill sets are covered in the following documents.
STRATEGIC EQUIPMENT AND SUBCONTRACTING SERVICES : UTILITY BARGE OPERATIONS, PIPELINE SHORE APPROACHES, PIPELINE PRE-COMMISIONING, PIPELINE PRE/POST TRENCHING, CABLE LAY, JACKET LAUNCH MANAGEMENT, MOORING INSTALLATIONS, FOUNDATION PILE DRILLING & REMEDIATION
OCS maintains a pool of portable marine construction support equipment. This equipment is controlled by OCS field engineering staff and marine construction teams.
The cornerstone of OCS strategic equipment pool is our Utility Construction Barge UB-01 “Miss Pennie” a unique vessel designed specifically to execute bespoke nearshore projects.
Complementing the “Miss Pennie”is an impressive range of support equipment covering pipeline pre-trenching, post trenching, precommissioning and free span corrections. This equipment can be coupled with the “Miss Pennie” or used independently operating from alternative marine equipment.
Additional support equipment including pile handling internal lifting tools and remediation equipment for refused piles.
The equipment can be contracted separately or as part of a larger marine construction package. For details and specifications of OCS equipment see pre-qualifications for OCS UTILITY CONSTRUCTION BARGE UB-01 “MISS PENNIE”, PIPELINE SHORE APPROACHES, PIPELINE PRE-TRENCHING, PIPELINE POST TRENCHING, PIPELINE PRE-COMMISSIONING, PIPELINE FREE SPAN CORRECTIONS.
ADDITION PRE-QUALIFICATIONS COVER PILE HANDLING AND REMEDIATION.
SPECIALIST SERVICES FOR OPERATORS
OCS provides operators the ability to review and assess their installation options, marine construction budgets and negotiate technical details with potential contractors.
OCS has experienced personnel who can develop project contracting strategies, prepare marine construction RFQs, ITBs, perform vessel inspections and conduct detailed technical discussions with contractors based on a given scope of work. OCS can both plan the execution and supervise the implementation of a project.
Engaging OCS at the early stages of a project allows operators to minimize costly scope of work errors, adopt the contracting strategy most suited to the work at hand, identify contractors with the equipment and expertise required for their project, avoid delays due to poor planning or timing and provide operators the resources to manage interfaces in any offshore project.
Utilizing OCS allows operators to perform owner managed installations using drilling rigs or other equipment taking maximum advantage of field development equipment synergies. OCS can provide the construction experience and know-how for different methodologies and manage the work on behalf of the operator as required.
SPECIALIST SERVICES FOR CONTRACTORS
OCS provides marine contractors with key offshore construction management and execution expertise during the project tendering, planning and execution phases of a project.
OCS has experienced personnel who can assist with tender preparation and technical contract reviews and/or negotiations.
During the planning and execution phases OCS specialist personnel can perform the detailed planning including preparation of installation procedures and subcontract packages. OCS can also assist with vessel and equipment mobilization and supervision of offshore installation activities.
OCS has the personnel to relieve contractors of the high cost of increasing their baseline, permanent employee levels in order to deal with “one-off” projects. With the high cost of construction spreads and a competitive contracting environment, good planning and well thought out execution strategies can make the difference between success and failure. OCS helps Contractors make that difference.